- Rapid test for detection of bladder cancer
- Detects cytokeratin fragments 8 and 18 in urine samples
- Test results available in 10 minutes
- Test material: mid-stream urine
- Sample volume: 3 drops of urine
- Sample stability: 3 days at 2-8 °C
- Test results: after 10 minutes
UBC® Rapid is a qualitative test to detect cytokeratin fragments 8 and 18 in urine. The area of application for UBC Rapid includes the diagnosis and also follow-up monitoring for a relapse of illness in patients suspected of, or with a previous history of, bladder carcinoma.
Positive test results may occur in the urine of patients with recently performed surgery or biopsy, or with other invasive trauma of the urinary tract. False positive results may be caused by infections of the urogenital tract, contamination with semen, renal or bladder stones or pregnancy.
UBC® Rapid test results should always be interpreted in conjunction with all available clinical and diagnostic data from the patient.